After making some serious waves in 2017 with the widely popular Anycubic Photon DLP 3D Printer, we have been waiting patiently for Anycubic to step up on their designs with a new model, and boy, are we pleasantly surprised with their most recent addition to their DLP Printer Line Up – The Anycubic Photon-S!
This new Anycubic Photon-S DLP 3D Printer has taken all of the very best features from the Original Anycubic Photon, as well as a few more from other popular brands, to create a fantastic blend that could easily become the new benchmark for DLP 3D Printers, with high component quality, impressive printing specifications, and precision accuracy that stays consistent over numerous prints.
WHAT ARE THE COOLEST NEW FEATURES OF THE ANYCUBIC PHOTON-S?
In addition to the clean, sleek new white design with striking aesthetics, the Anycubic Photon-S has included all of the great features from the more recent, albeit lesser known, 2018 model of the Original Anycubic Photon, as well as a range of other exciting upgrades. So let’s take a closer look at each of these cool new improvements, and the kinds of benefits you can expect with this pristine new model:
- Matrixed UV LED Lighting – Whilst most DLP Printer manufacturers simply install a UV COB module and expect the light to work – The Anycubic Brand have taken this a step further with precision LED control via a Matrix Lens Grid. This ensures optimal light dispersion and even distribution of photons for curing the resin, resulting in much more accurate
- Double Dual-Z-Axis Guiderails – If you had originally thought that the dual z-axis guide rails on the original Anycubic Photon were good enough, the Double Dual-Z-Axis Guide rails on this new model will blow your socks off. In fact, we were first disappointed at the thought of the unnecessary extra costs that the second set of guide rails would add, but we understand precisely why these have been included now that we’ve tested and enjoyed the impressive results.
- Interior Activated Carbon Filtration – One of the bigger concerns for users of DLP Printers is the potential adverse health effects when using these systems in enclosed environments like garages or bedrooms. And while the research is still unclear as to whether these systems actually produce fumes or off-gasses during prints, we like the fact that the Photon-S is well-equipped with activated carbon filtration, adding genuine peace of mind regardless of whether the machine produces fumes or not.
- Ultra-Easy Bolt-and-Ball Leveling System – There are almost no other bed leveling systems in the world as easy and quick as the specialized “Bolt-and-Ball” locking system. Simply drop the print platform down on a piece of paper positioned on the FEP Film, loosen the bolt above the ball lock, and then tighten it back up while keeping the platform flat on the paper. This results in perfect print platform leveling every time, without any unnecessary hassle or learning required.
- Aluminium “Wire-Drawing” Print Platform – During the manufacturing stage, the aluminium print platforms for the Anycubic Photon-S 3D Printers are specially brushed to create high-adhesion wire-like furrows on the surface. This dramatically improves bed adhesion, as the cured resins have a strong mechanical grip to utilize during printing, resulting in far better results as the print won’t move or fall off during the printing process.
These are the major upgrades of the new Anycubic Photon-S, although there are also a good number of minor upgrades that ensure tighter-fitting parts, more compatibility-ready components and modules, and an improved user experience – with many users reporting that this new model runs a lot quieter than any of the other DLP Printers they’ve used.
So, now that we’ve taken a good look at the major upgrades of the Anycubic Photon-S, let’s take a more in-depth look at some of the juicy technical specifications, so that you can compare the features between this new model and the Original Anycubic Photon.